It's a hairball!

The week before Christmas I took Esther in to the vet for a check-up. He did an x-ray and saw a mass in her stomach. He said it was most likely a tumor. We scheduled the endoscopy for December 29th, then went about making the next few weeks the best ever for Esther. We played tug and went for drives and had a fantastic Christmas day with the perfect end of the night riding around looking at the lights. We took a trip to see the Boyds in Chrisney and she loved it. We went to Santa Claus and got some pictures with Santa. It was an amazingly fun and perfect holiday.


On December the 29th I took her in to get the procedure. The vet let me hold her while the sedative started working. We looked out the window and watched the squirrels. I sang to her and held her until it was time for her to go and then I sat in the car in the parking lot. When I got the call not even twenty minutes later I was terrified. "It's a hairball" - the most perfect phrase in the English language. It was not a tumor, but a massive hairball. She went into surgery to have it removed and is home recovering. I could not have gotten better news. I am so incredibly happy and grateful that my little love is recovering from her surgery and getting better every day. Life can be so good. 



Comments

Popular Posts